New West is excited to offer our A3 After School Program again this year. We have lots of fun activities and field trips planned and we want your child to have a memorable experience during their time with us!
We have found that students and their families are attracted to programs with a diverse range of academic activities as well as enrichment activities geared toward the needs and interests of individual students. When students are fully engaged in after-school programs, their interest and attendance at school improves, as well. We fully expect your child to enjoy a healthy, engaging and fun learning environment that continues to build on the foundation of learning at New West Charter.
Our After School Program will begin promptly at 3:45pm (1:45pm on Wednesdays), and your student is expected to go straight to the A3 classroom/area and sign in. If your student is unsure if they are enrolled for the day, they should still report to the A3 classroom/area to avoid students wandering in the hallways. It is your student’s responsibility to make sure they sign-in and sign-out everyday. By failing to sign-out, a part-time student may get billed for an entire day. Students cannot sign-in or sign-out any other student.
The A3 After School Program runs until 6:00pm. There is a $1 fee per minute for students picked up after 6:00pm.
Study Hall is offered every day for students who want to complete homework. New West A3 staff is not responsible for ensuring your student completes his/her assigned work. Students will also have access to computers for homework use only during this time. After Study Hall, students will have a choice between 1 – 2 enrichment activities such as sports, arts and crafts, board games, cooking, and more!
If you need to get a hold of the After School staff during after-school hours (4:00 – 6:00pm) please call (310) 384-8670.
If you have any questions about the After School “A3” program, please contact Esther Navarro.
Billing Summary and Details
Please read the following information carefully.
All full-time participants will be charged a flat fee of $250 on the first of each month. You have the option of having your credit card billed automatically on the 1st of each month and save $25! (Please note that this discount only applies to automatic credit card payments). Or, you may pay the full amount of $250 via cash, check or money order by the 1st of each month.
All part-time participants will be billed at an hourly rate of $10 per hour. All hours will be tracked and totaled on the last day of the month. Credit card charges will be applied on the 1st of the month with total calculated hours. Please note you must have a credit card on file for this option. We do not send out invoices.
Students who are not picked up by 3:45pm will automatically be sent to the New West After School Program at the parents’ expense. No excuses! All parents will be notified of the amount owed to the school and fees will be collected.
All students on the New West grounds after 3:45pm must be either enrolled in the New West A3 After School Program or participate in a school-based activity supervised by New West teachers.
- A $25 late fee will be added after the 5th of the month.
- An additional $25 fee will be charged for returned checks.
- All parents who do not pick up their child by 6:00pm will be charged $1 for every minute past 6:00pm.
Ways to Save Money
- Sign up for automatic credit card billing and save $25 per month. That’s a savings of $250 for the school year. This discount is only available for those who wish to enroll in the automatic credit card billing and are full time participants.
- Sibling discount available: 10% off the second sibling. This discount is only for full-time participants. (That’s a savings of $25/month or $250/year.)
We prorate the following months for all full-time participants:
- August and September fees will be added together. Total due for the last week of August and month of September is $312.50.
- November (1 week off for Thanksgiving). Total due for this month is $187.50.
- December (2 weeks off for Winter Break). Total due for this month is $125.00.
- April (1 week off for Spring Break). Total due for this month is $187.50.
We prorate the weeks by dividing the full monthly amount ($250) by 4 weeks = $62.50 per week.
Please note there is no A3 After School Program on the following days:
Friday, November 17, 2017 | Wednesday, December 13, 2017 | Friday, December 15, 2017 | Monday, December 18, 2017 | Tuesday, December 19, 2017 | Friday, March 23, 2018 | Friday, June 8, 2018